Humber teaches sustainability across many of its academic programs. As we move into the 21st century, more of Humber's curricula and programs will focus on sustainability. Sustainability is a means to teach future generations how to resolve the social, economic and environmental issues that impact the world today, and in the future. By teaching tomorrow’s leaders these concepts we can truly change the world.
- Sustainable Energy Building Technology Program
- Bachelor of Applied Technology - Industrial Design
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of International Development & International Development Certificate
- Horticulture Technician Apprenticeship
- Diploma Landscape Technician
- Advanced Diploma Architectural Design
Humber offers over 300 courses that address one or more of the Environmental, Social and Economic aspects of sustainability. See a complete list of Sustainability Related and Sustainability Focused courses.
- Sustainability Related courses fall within one or more of the three pillars (Environment, Society, and Economy) and either incorporate sustainability as a distinct course component or module, or concentrate on a sustainability principle or issue.
- Sustainability Focused courses either concentrate on the concept of sustainability, including its environmental, social and economic dimensions (or examine an issue or topic using sustainability as a lens).
Example of a sustainability Related course - WRIT 200 Workplace Writing Skills (Gen Ed)
WRIT 200 prepares students to meet the expectations and challenges of communicating in a changing workplace. To help students reach these goals, the course covers the following skills: writing with different workplace formats, audience and purpose analysis, research, and problem-solving.
This course has also integrated sustainability concepts into the coursework - see how in the following blogs and video:
Student Blogs and Video
All research projects related to sustainability at Humber College examine one or more of the environmental, social and economic dimensions of sustainability. Several research projects related to sustainability are being conducted, or have been completed. Find out more about current research projects on Humber Research website.
Over the last three years, here is a list of all the research done at Humber related to sustainability!