Presenters – 6 projects, 6 minutes each, sharing highlights and findings
The Principal's Office at Lakeshore Campus is excited to launch the inaugural 6 in 6 Speaker Series at Humber College Lakeshore Campus. The Fall 2019 6 in 6 Speaker Series showcases the interesting Scholarships of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) research-based projects from various Humber faculties. The panel, made up of various faculty members from different disciplines, dives into topics that address connectedness and community, learning attitudes and impact on quality, entrepreneurial skills, interior design practices, engaging learners for code and improving knowledge and retention.
Lunch is included. RSVP today!
- Doug Thomson, & Marilyn Cresswell - Ubuntu: A cookbook project to build connectedness and community
- Jennifer Winfield & Jessica Freitag - Group Writing Projects: Exploring the Impact on Quality and Learners’ Attitudes
- Cheryl Mitchell - Beyond the Pitch: Teaching Entrepreneurial Skills in new and innovative ways
- Karen White - Perceptions of Practicing Interior Designers: A Longitudinal Analysis of Lessons Learned in Interdisciplinary Design Practices Class
- Adam Thomas - Learning Code Using Tangible Aids: Making Code Engaging for All Learners
- Matt Ramer - Efficacy of the One2One Assessment in Improving Knowledge Acquisition and Retention
We look forward to having you there!