Students enrolled in a Humber diploma or certificate program must complete the Computerized College Placement Test (CCPT) to determine which English and/or Math courses they should register for. Students enrolled in Post-Graduate or Degree programs are not required to complete placement testing.
- Online Testing
Registration for online testing has now closed.
- In Person Drop-In Testing
Testing is available on a drop-in basis during the following times:
- Thursday January 25th - 9AM to 2PM
- Friday, January 26th - 9 AM to 2 PM
Testing will take place in LRC2141 (North Campus) and WEL307 (Lakeshore Campus).
You will require photo ID and a copy of your welcome letter to test.
- Additional CCPT Information
Your test results do not affect your admission status, but they may require you to receive ESL support or take a remedial course that results in additional fees.
Students who are applying for English and/or Math transfer credits do not need to complete the CCPT (unless the transfer credit is ultimately denied). Please click here for information about transfer credits.
Students registered into part time studies will need to complete a placement test if they are interested in taking any English or Math courses through our Department of Continuing and Corporate Education.
- Late Testing Fee Information
If you do not register for or complete your CCPT by January 5, 2018 you will be subject to a $50 late fee. The fee will be charged to your account following testing.
Note: the following students are exempt from the late fee:
- Students accepted into their program after November 14, 2017
- International students who arrived in Canada after November 14, 2017 (please bring your passport directly to Testing Services to demonstrate your date of entrance)
- Students who live more than 200 km away from Humber College
- CCPT Resources
- Writing Centre - English Placement Test - Head Start Program
- Math Centre - Math Placement Test - Head Start Program (includes sample tests)
- Students requiring extra time and/or the use of a computer for placement tests are advised to contact Testing Services. For all other testing accommodation requests, please contact Accessible Learning Services.