Students enrolled in a Humber diploma or certificate program must complete the Computerized College Placement Test (CCPT) to determine which English and/or Math courses they should register for. The English placement test is one hour in length and students are required to complete a reflection essay based on a predetermined topic. The English essay should be between 300 to 600 words in length. The math placement test consists of 36 arithmetic and algebra questions including word problems for students to complete. The math placement test is designed to be completed without the use of a calculator and students are given scrap paper to complete their rough work. The math test is also one hour in length. Students have the option to complete the test in person/on-campus, or from the comfort of their home via online testing.
***Please note that students enrolled in Post-Graduate or Degree programs are not required to complete placement testing **
- Option 1: Online Testing
***The Online CCPT Testing Option is now closed. Students will need to walk in to complete their CCPT in January 2020. Walk in testing dates and times are listed below under the in person testing option. ***
Students who are required to complete a placement test, have the option to test online, from the convenience of their home. The fee for online testing is $35 and allows students to test from anywhere in the world, 24/7/365. Students testing online require the following:
- Reliable internet connection and access to a desktop or laptop (tablets, smartphones and Chromebooks are not allowed)
- Webcam and microphone
- Operating System of Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- Browser with pop up blocker disabled
- Quiet and private place to test
Students who choose to complete their test online will receive a test voucher via email within 10 business days of registering. This voucher email also has test instructions for how to book your test. Once the student receives the voucher and instructions, students can proceed and book their test. For more information on online testing, please click here.
Please note when you book on our registration page, the page works best with the Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome internet browsers as Safari or Internet Explorer are not supported.
To register for or determine which test you need to complete, please click here.
- Option 2: In Person Testing
Please note, all in person CCPT testing sessions are closed as of December 6th, 2019. Drop in testing will be available in January 2020, please check below for details.
Students can select a date, time and campus to complete their test in person at Humber College. When you proceed to start registering for your test, you will notice on the registration page that the in person locations list a time, campus and availability.
Testing will take place in LRC 2141 at the North Campus and in WEL307 at the Lakeshore Campus.
You will require government issued photo ID and a copy of your welcome letter to test.
**NEW** DROP IN TESTING AVAILABLE – Orientation and Semester Start Up
In order to allow students to complete their CCPT testing during orientation and semester start up, Testing Services will be offering drop in testing for those students who still need to complete their CCPT before registering for their English and/or math courses. The following dates and times are available for students to drop in. Please bring your government issued photo ID and Humber number with you on the day of testing. There is no need to register for drop in testing, please come to Testing Services (North or Lakeshore) during the following dates and times:
- January 2nd 2020 9AM to 2PM
- January 3rd 2020 9AM to 2PM
- January 6th, 2020 9AM to 2PM
- January 7th, 2020 9AM to 2PM
- January 8th 2020 9AM to 2PM
- January 9th 2020 9AM to 2PM
- January 10th 2020 9AM to 2PM
**Please Note** - The late CCPT testing fee of $50.00 will apply to any students who failed to book or complete their test prior to the December 6th, 2019 deadline.
- Additional CCPT Information
Your test results do not affect your admission status, but they may require you to receive ESL support or take a remedial course that results in additional fees.
Students who are applying for English and/or Math transfer credits do not need to complete the CCPT (unless the transfer credit is ultimately denied). Please click here for information about transfer credits.
Students registered into part time studies will need to complete a placement test if they are interested in taking any English or Math courses through our Department of Continuing and Corporate Education.
Need help registering? See our quick video guide here!
To determine which test you need to complete, please click here.
- Late Testing Fee Information
If you do not register for or complete your CCPT by December 6th, 2019 you will be subject to a $50 late fee. The fee will be charged to your account following testing.
Note: the following students are exempt from the late fee:
- Students accepted into their program after November 25th, 2019
- International students who arrived in Canada after November 25th, 2019 (please bring your passport directly to Testing Services to demonstrate your date of entrance)
- Students who live more than 200 km away from Humber College
- CCPT Resources
- Writing Centre - English Placement Test - Head Start Program
- Math Centre - Math Placement Test - Head Start Program
- OCMT Math Practice Tests and Math Learning Resources
- Students requiring extra time or the use of testing accommodation for placement tests can make their request here