Students enrolled in a Humber diploma or certificate program must complete the Computerized College Placement Test (CCPT) to determine which English and/or Math courses they should register for. Students enrolled in Post-Graduate or Degree programs are not required to complete placement testing.
Humber is currently offering online placement testing, as well as in-person drop-in sessions. All testing is free of charge.
- Online Testing
To register for free online testing click here.
You will see a list of programs that require the CCPT. Click the "Register" link beside your program to book your test. This will forward you to our Flexible Registration platform.
After registering you will receive a follow up email within ten (10) days that includes your voucher codes and further instructions for testing.
To complete online testing you will require a photo ID, a webcam, and a secure, reliable internet connection. If you do not have a webcam or secure internet then you are welcome to take advantage of our drop-in testing.
- In Person Drop-In Testing
Students can complete placement testing in person at a Testing Services location. Currently we are offering drop-in testing during the following times:
- Thursday, November 16 - 9 AM to 2 PM
- Friday, November 17 - 9 AM to 2 PM
- Monday, November 20 - 9 AM to 2 PM
- Tuesday, November 21 - 9 AM to 2 PM
- Wednesday, November 22 - 12 PM to 5:30 PM (2 PM at Lakeshore)
- Thursday, November 23 - 9 AM to 2 PM
- Friday, November 24 - 9 AM to 2 PM
More drop-in dates will be added on an as needed basis.
Please ensure you have photo ID and your student number when you come to test.
- Additional CCPT Information
Your test results do not affect your admission status, but they may require you to receive ESL support or take a remedial course that results in additional fees.
Students who are applying for English and/or Math transfer credits do not need to complete the CCPT (unless the transfer credit is ultimately denied). Please click here for information about transfer credits.
Students registered into part time studies will need to complete a placement test if they are interested in taking any English or Math courses through our Department of Continuing and Corporate Education.
- Late Testing Fee Information
If you do not register for your CCPT before December 1, 2017 you will be subject to a $50 late fee. The fee will be charged to your account following testing.
Note: the following students are exempt from the late fee:
- Students accepted into their program after November 14, 2017
- International students who arrived in Canada after November 14, 2017 (please bring your passport directly to Testing Services to demonstrate your date of entrance).
- Students who live more than 200 km away from Humber College
- CCPT Resources
- Writing Centre - English Placement Test - Head Start Program
- Math Centre - Math Placement Test - Head Start Program (includes sample tests)
- Students requiring extra time and/or the use of a computer for placement tests are advised to contact Testing Services. For all other testing accommodation requests, please contact Accessible Learning Services.