Students enrolled in a Humber diploma or certificate program must complete the Computerized College Placement Test (CCPT) to determine which English and/or Math courses they should register for. Students enrolled in Post-Graduate or Degree programs are not required to complete placement testing.
Students have the option to complete the test in person/on-campus, or from the comfort of their home via online testing.
*** PLEASE NOTE : STUDENTS COMPLETING THEIR PROGRAMS AT OUR ORANGEVILLE CAMPUS DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE A CCPT TEST***
- Option 1: Online Testing
Students who are required to complete a placement test, have the option to test online, from the convenience of their home. The fee for online testing is $35 and allows students to test from anywhere in the world, 24/7/365. Students testing online require the following:
- Reliable internet connect and access to a desktop or laptop (tablets, smartphones and Chromebooks are not allowed)
- Webcam and microphone
- Operating System of Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- Browser with pop up blocker disabled
- Quiet and private place to test
Students who choose to complete their test online will receive a test voucher via email within 10 business days of registering. This voucher email also has test instructions for how to book your test. Once the student receives the voucher and instructions, students can proceed and book their test. For more information on online testing, please click here.
Please note when you book on our registration page, the page works best with the Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome internet browsers as Safari or Internet Explorer are not supported.
To register for or determine which test you need to complete, please click here.
- Option 2: In Person Testing
All In Person CCPT Testing for Fall 2019 semester is now closed. Please make note of the following:
**NEW** DROP IN TESTING AVAILABLE
In order to allow students to complete the CCPT testing before the start of the fall 2019 semester, Testing Services will be offering drop in testing for those students who still need to complete their CCPT before registering for their English and/or math courses. The following dates and times are available for students to drop in. Please bring your government issues photo ID and Humber number with you on the day of testing. There is no need to register for drop in testing, please come to Testing Services (North or Lakeshore) during the following dates and times:
- August 26th 11AM to 2PM
- August 27th 9AM to 2PM
- August 28th 9AM to 2PM
- August 30th 9AM to 2PM
- August 31st 9AM to 2PM
**Please Note** - The late CCPT testing fee of $50.00 will apply to any students who failed to book or complete their test prior to the August 3rd, 2019 deadline.
- Additional CCPT Information
Your test results do not affect your admission status, but they may require you to receive ESL support or take a remedial course that results in additional fees.
Students who are applying for English and/or Math transfer credits do not need to complete the CCPT (unless the transfer credit is ultimately denied). Please click here for information about transfer credits.
Students registered into part time studies will need to complete a placement test if they are interested in taking any English or Math courses through our Department of Continuing and Corporate Education.
Need help registering? See our quick video guide here!
To determine which test you need to complete, please click here.
- Late Testing Fee Information
If you do not register for or complete your CCPT by August 3rd, 2019 you will be subject to a $50 late fee. The fee will be charged to your account following testing.
Note: the following students are exempt from the late fee:
- Students accepted into their program after July 20th 2019
- International students who arrived in Canada after July 20th 2019 (please bring your passport directly to Testing Services to demonstrate your date of entrance)
- Students who live more than 200 km away from Humber College
- CCPT Resources
- Writing Centre - English Placement Test - Head Start Program
- Math Centre - Math Placement Test - Head Start Program
- OCMT Math Practice Tests and Math Learning Resources
- Students requiring extra time or the use of testing accommodation for placement tests can make their request here