Students enrolled in a Humber diploma or certificate program must complete the Computerized College Placement Test (CCPT) to determine which English and/or Math courses they should register for. Students enrolled in Post-Graduate or Degree programs are not required to complete placement testing.
Students have the option to complete the test in person/on-campus, or from the comfort of their home via online testing.
- Option 1: Online Testing
Students who are required to complete a placement test, have the option to test online, from the convenience of their home. The fee for online testing is $35 and allows students to test from anywhere in the world, 24/7/365. Students testing online require the following:
- Reliable internet connect
- Quiet and private place to test
Students who choose to complete their test online will receive a test voucher via email within 10 days of registering. This voucher email also has test instructions for how to book your test. Once the student receives the voucher and instructions, students can proceed and book their test. For more information on online testing, please click here.
To determine which test you need to complete, or to register for online testing, please click here.
- Option 2: In Person Testing
Students can select and date, time and campus to complete their test in person at Humber College. You will notice on the registration page, that the in person locations list a time, campus and availability when you proceed to the registration link
Testing will take place in LRC2141 (North Campus) and WEL307 (Lakeshore Campus).
You will require photo ID and a copy of your welcome letter to test.
To determine which test you need to complete, or to register for in person testing, please click here.
- Additional CCPT Information
Your test results do not affect your admission status, but they may require you to receive ESL support or take a remedial course that results in additional fees.
Students who are applying for English and/or Math transfer credits do not need to complete the CCPT (unless the transfer credit is ultimately denied). Please click here for information about transfer credits.
Students registered into part time studies will need to complete a placement test if they are interested in taking any English or Math courses through our Department of Continuing and Corporate Education.
Need help registering? See our quick video guide here!
- Late Testing Fee Information
If you do not register for or complete your CCPT by April 6, 2018 you will be subject to a $50 late fee. The fee will be charged to your account following testing.
Note: the following students are exempt from the late fee:
- Students accepted into their program after March 23, 2018
- International students who arrived in Canada after March 23, 2018 (please bring your passport directly to Testing Services to demonstrate your date of entrance)
- Students who live more than 200 km away from Humber College
- CCPT Resources
- Writing Centre - English Placement Test - Head Start Program
- Math Centre - Math Placement Test - Head Start Program (includes sample tests)
- Students requiring extra time or the use of testing accommodation for placement tests can make their request here