This page is to inform the Humber Community about the number of confirmed positive COVID-19 on campus cases reported to the College. Here are the 7 things you need to know about our reporting.
- Humber will update this page every Monday.
- Humber investigates all reports of presumed and confirmed cases of COVID-19 and ensures that Public Health is informed.
- The College will take appropriate steps to maintain health and safety on campus and is in ongoing consultation with Public Health.
- Local Public Health authorities or member of the COVID Reporting Health team will coordinate appropriate follow-up and/or directly contact any Humber or Guelph-Humber individual who has been deemed to be at risk for COVID-19 and/or may have been in close contact with any campus community member who has tested positive and been on campus. *If you are not deemed to be at risk you will not be contacted.
- The following table shows the number of confirmed cases of staff or students on campus over time since the start of the semester.
- The numbers represent Humber and University of Guelph-Humber students, employees and others who were present on our campuses, either inside or outside, including residences, within 14 days of their diagnosis.
- The week in which a case is shown as reported reflects when Humber received confirmation of a positive case. It does not necessarily reflect that the individual was on campus that week.
- November 2, 2020 - November 30, 2020
From To North Campus* Lakeshore Campus Other Humber Location November 23 November 29 2 1 0 November 16 November 22 8 1 0 November 9 November 15 4 0 0 November 2 November 8 1 0 0
- October 5 - November 1, 2020
From To North Campus* Lakeshore Campus Other Humber Location October 26 November 1 1 0 0 October 19 October 25 4 0 0 October 12 October 18 1 0 0 October 5 October 11 2 0 0
- September 1 - October 4, 2020
From To North Campus* Lakeshore Campus Other Humber Location September 28 October 4 3 1 0 September 21 September 27 2 0 0 September 14 September 20 0 0 0 September 7 September 13 0 0 0 September 1 September 6 0 0 0
*North Campus includes 250 Humber College Blvd., 110 Carrier Drive and 30 Carrier Drive.
COVID-19 Reporting on Campus
If a Humber student or staff member has tested positive for COVID-19, is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, thinks they may have the virus, or may have been exposed or had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, please follow these instructions immediately.
The COVID Reporting Health team email (email@example.com) and phone line (416.675.5007) are monitored by regulated health professionals from the Student Wellness and Accessibility Centre (SWAC) and members of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) team.
The email and phone line will be monitored Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. They will not be monitored on public holidays. Responses can be expected within four hours, except at the end of the timeframe when a response will be given the next day.
In the event of a confirmed positive COVID-19 case(s) on campus, Humber will follow its Responding to Known On-Campus Exposure to COVID-19 Procedure and will maintain close and ongoing communication with Public Health. SWAC and OHS will coordinate with Public Health to manage and respond to individual cases of COVID-19 on campus.