IELTS testing will resume at Humber College in limited numbers, starting in December; however, testing will only take place at Lakeshore Campus until further notice. Tests are full for December, but are available 2021.
We reserve the right to suspend testing due to COVID-19 following Public Health recommendations. The health and safety of test takers and staff is our top priority.
Due to COVID-19 precautions, IELTS Testing at other Humber College venues remains suspended until further notice. Please check back for updates.
New Test Day Procedures - (COVID-19)
Entering Campus required form
Information about Test Venue
Parking is free on Saturdays at Humber.
- Aim to arrive at Humber between 7:45 am - 8:30 am as directed by your Test Day Letter. As a registered test-taker, you will have received an email 3-5 days before the test with a detailed schedule. There are COVID -19 procedures for entering the building. For required forms, click here. If you arrive early, please wait safely in any common area. You will need to wear a mask at all times.
- If you need to use the washroom, please do so before you enter the test room.
- You will leave all your personal belongings in a designated secure coat room. No cellphones or watches are allowed in the testing room. It is acceptable to bring a clear plastic water bottle with the label removed into the testing room.
- Check-in with your Passport or Permanent Resident Card. You will not be allowed to write the test if you check in after 9:15 am. Also note that without the identification you registered with, you will not be able to write the test.
- Take a finger-scan and have a photo taken. (you will remove your mask for the photo)
- After arriving in the testing room, try to relax until the test starts.
- Between 9:30 am to 12:30 pm you will write the Listening, Reading and Writing tests.
- Once you released from the testing room, pick-up your possessions in the coat room. You are asked to remain in a holding room at a safe distance until your Speaking Test is scheduled for the afternoon.
- Please note that although Speaking Tests are usually scheduled on your chosen test date, there may be times when tests need to be scheduled within seven days before or after this date. If this is the case, you will be notified in advance by email.
- If you choose to leave the centre, aim to return 40 minutes before your speaking test is scheduled to check in, complete any health and safety procedures required and repeat the finger scan.
- Once the test is completely finished, you need to scan your finger once more then get your belongings from the coat room.
Your test results will be available 13 days after the test.
Items that are permitted in the testing rooms:
Mask, gloves and face shields
A water bottle in a clear plastic bottle (no label)
Test takers must bring their own pens, pencils, erasers and sharpeners
Items that are not permitted in the testing rooms:
- Any electronic items: cell phones, iPods, etc.
- Food items or drinks (water excepted)
- Personal items such as coats, hats, purses, or wallets.
Illness on the Test Day
For sudden illness on your test day, please provide the following within five working days of the test day to qualify for a refund:
- a medical certificate and
- a completed refund form. (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive this form)
The completed Refund Form and medical documents must be submitted in person at the Humber IELTS Test Centre (email or fax is not accepted).
Please note that we do not accept notes issued by family members, only notes signed by a certified medical doctor are acceptable.