Be a leader in connecting students and creating an amazing campus culture.
Peer Mentors are senior students that act as advisors and offer support to incoming students. A Peer Mentor’s primary responsibility is to assist incoming students with the challenges associated with the transition into their first year of college. The Peer Mentor role is a volunteer position and can be added to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
5 Reasons to Become a Peer Mentor:
- Develop Skills. FYE Peer Mentors have access to developing communication, relationship building, leadership skills, and more.
- Get Recognized as a Peer Mentor on your CCR.
- Give Back to first year students who might be experiencing challenges in adjusting to college life.
- Make Friends with other Peer Mentors and leaders across Humber College.
- Win Prizes. FYE Peer Mentors get exclusive access to the FYE Rewards Program, including the opportunity to win money towards your tuition.
Peer Mentor Expectations:
Peer Mentors are expected to mentor a group of first year students throughout a mentoring period (approximately 12 weeks). Mentors are expected to be available for 3 - 5 hours per week, via email, text, or in-person. Peer Mentors are representatives of Humber and are expected to act in accordance with Humber's Code of Student Conduct.
How to Become a Peer Mentor:
Click here to apply to become a Peer Mentor. You will be contacted within a few days for a short interview to help us learn more about your fit with FYE.