Be a leader in connecting students and creating an amazing campus culture.
Peer Mentors are senior students that act as advisors and offer support to incoming students. A Peer Mentor’s primary responsibility is to assist incoming students with the challenges associated with the transition into their first year of college. The Peer Mentor role is a volunteer position and can be added to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
5 Reasons to Become a Peer Mentor:
- Develop Skills. FYE Peer Mentors have access to developing communication, relationship building, leadership skills, and more.
- Get Recognized as a Peer Mentor on your CCR.
- Give Back to first year students who might be experiencing challenges in adjusting to college life.
- Make Friends with other Peer Mentors and leaders across Humber College.
- Win Prizes. FYE Peer Mentors get exclusive access to the FYE Rewards Program, including the opportunity to win money towards your tuition.
Peer Mentor Expectations:
Peer Mentors are expected to mentor a group of first year students throughout a mentoring period (approximately 12 weeks). Mentors are expected to be available for 3 - 5 hours per week, via email, text, or in-person. Peer Mentors are representatives of Humber and are expected to act in accordance with Humber's Code of Student Conduct.
Click here to view the full Peer Mentor position description.
How to Become a Peer Mentor:
Click here to apply to become a Peer Mentor. You will be contacted within a few days for a short interview to help us learn more about your fit with FYE.