Although we are no longer in a pandemic, Public Health continues to report a high positivity rate for COVID-19, and an uptick in flu, colds and other respiratory illnesses in the province. Please stay vigilant and continue to take basic safety measures for preventing COVID and other respiratory illnesses:
- If you have symptoms, use the provincial self-assessment tool for guidance on next steps.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Consider the use of a medical or a multi-layer mask in indoor public spaces, particularly in more crowded settings. Humber is a mask-friendly environment; we ask that you respect the choice of others to wear or to not wear a mask. Note that for those who test positive for COVID-19 or have COVID or other respiratory symptoms, public health guidelines indicate that masks should be used for 10 days from the start of symptoms.
- Use good infection control practices including:
- Wash your hands regularly or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Stay current with COVID-19 and influenza vaccines to best protect against serious respiratory illnesses.
The college will continue to ensure that its building ventilation systems are maintained to meet current ventilation standards. As well, daily cleaning and disinfection will continue for all spaces.
Further details can be obtained at COVID-19 Measures - Humber College.