NEW: As of November 30, 2019, the Lakeshore Campus is a headphone testing venue. If you register for a test at Lakeshore, only headphones will be used. REGISTER NOW.
Tests are held on Saturdays and select Thursdays at both the North and Lakeshore Campuses and at Cambrian College in Sudbury. Please ensure you are registering for the correct location for your test.
Speaking tests generally occur on Saturdays, however, there may be times when speaking tests take place on Thursdays or Fridays before a test date, or Mondays after a test date. Those who complete registration early for any test day will received priority for Saturday speaking tests. You will be infomed of your speaking test time in the Test Day Letter sent by Humber College.
Humber College offers test takers several ways to prepare for their IELTS Test: private tutoring, free workshops, and more, please visit the Preparing for IELTS page for more information.
How to Register for the IELTS Test
You can register for the IELTS test at Humber College (North or Lakeshore Campus) or Cambrian College (in Sudbury, Ont) in one of two ways:
- Register online
- Come to the Humber IELTS Test Centre or the Cambrian College Enrollment Centre and complete the application form with the assistance of one of our IELTS staff.
Please make sure you provide your correct mailing address including any apartment or unit numbers when completing your application form. We need this information to ensure you receive your official test scores if they are mailed out.
The test fee is $292.04 + GST = $330.01 Before the test, you will receive an email with location and time information for your testing day. PAY NOW
For Test Day Information please go to Test Day.
During the application process, you may indicate up to five receiving institutions. We will send your TRF electronically, or by Canada Post to these institutions at no charge.
Along with the application form you will need to provide a proof of identity document. The only acceptable documents are a valid Passport or Canadian Permanent Resident Card and a sample signature, please ensure it:
- is valid
- has a clear photo
- will be the same identity document you will use on the day of the test
- clearly shows your full name, date of birth, expiry date, signature and identification number. (Some passports have the expiry date or signature on another page in the passport)
1. Registering Online
Please go to register now and follow the online instructions. You will need to upload your identity documents during the application process.
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email and information to pay online. Test takers must pay within 3 days of registering to keep their test date.
If you do not want to pay online, you are welcome to come to the IELTS Test Centre and pay in person or call us with your credit card information.
Once you receive your IELTS confirmation number, you can pay online. You can also come to the IELTS test centre and pay in person or call us with your credit card information.
2. Come to the IELTS Test Centre and complete the Application Form
Come to the Humber IELTS Test Centre or Cambrian College Enrollment Centre and complete the Application Form with the assistance of one of our IELTS staff. Remember to bring your identity document with you as the application cannot be processed without it.
You can pay at the Humber IELTS Test Centre but not at Cambrian College.
Accepted Methods of Payment:
Credit or debit card, certified cheque or money order. We do not accept personal cheques or cash.
- Application (with the last page signed)
- Identity Document
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations must be made at least 5 weeks prior to the test date to qualify for a refund
- Cancellations made less than 5 weeks before the test date receive no refund unless special circumstances apply (see below)
- An administration fee of $75.00 will be deducted from the test fee for any cancellations or refunds. Special circumstances may be exempt
- Refunds issued by cheque will take to 6-8 weeks to process
- All refunds are subject to an administration fee
- Please email us at email@example.com to receive the appropriate Refund Form
- Serious illness such as hospital admission must be accompanied by a medical note from Doctor or hospital admittance form. (Please note that we do not accept notes issued by family members, only notes signed by a certified medical doctor are acceptable.)
- Loss or Bereavement such as the loss of a close family member must be accompanied by a death certificate
- Hardship or Trauma such as traffic accident must be accompanied by police report.
- Military Service such as enlisting must be accompanied by a letter from the government.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on special circumstances and to receive the appropriate form.
Illness on the Test Day
For sudden illness on your test day, please provide the following within 5 working days of the test day to qualify for a refund:
- a medical certificate
- a completed refund form. (Please email email@example.com to receive this form)
- $75.00 Admin Fee will apply
The completed Refund Form and medical documents must be submitted in person at the Humber IELTS Test Centre (email or fax is not accepted).
Please note that we do not accept notes issued by family members, only notes signed by a certified medical doctor are acceptable.
Change of Test Date
- Any changes to a test date can be made 5 or more weeks before the scheduled test date and a $25.00 fee will apply
- Changes made less than 5 weeks before a test date are considered cancellations- see policy and fees above- except in exceptional circumstances
- Changed dates must be booked within a 3 month period of the original test date
- Only one change per test date is permitted
- In order to change your test date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions
If you do not bring your identity document on your test day, you will not be able to write the IELTS test, and no refunds or transfer test dates will be allowed.