Due to COVID-19 precautions, IELTS Testing at Humber College or any of our testing venues has been suspended until further notice. Please check back for updates.
On the Test Day
Parking is free on Saturdays at Humber.
- Aim to arrive at Humber between 8:00 am - 8:30 am. If you are a registered test-taker, you will have received an email 3-5 days before the test with a detailed schedule. If you arrive early, feel free to wait in any common area.
- If you need to use the washroom, please do so before you enter the test room.
- You will leave all your personal belongings in a designated secure coat room. No cellphones or watches are allowed in the testing room. Pencils and erasers will be handed out, so you will not need to bring any with you. It is acceptable to bring a clear plastic water bottle with the label removed into the testing room.
- Check-in with your Passport or Permanent Resident Card. You will not be allowed to write the test if you check in after 9:15 am. Also note that without your identification, you will not be able to write the test.
- Take a finger-scan and have a photo taken.
- After arriving in the testing room, try to relax until the test starts.
- Between 9:30 am to 12:30 pm you will write the Listening, Reading and Writing tests.
- Once you released from the testing room, pick-up your possessions in the coat room. You may leave but must return if your Speaking Test is scheduled for the afternoon. Make sure you are not late.
- Please note that although Speaking Tests are usually scheduled on your chosen test date, there may be times when tests need to be scheduled within seven days before or after this date. If this is the case, you will be notified in advance by email.
- Aim to return 40 minutes before your speaking test is scheduled to check in and repeat the finger scan.
- Once the test is completely finished, you need to scan your finger once more then get your belongings from the coat room.
Your test results will be available 13 days after the test.
Items that are permitted in the testing rooms:
- A water bottle in a clear plastic bottle (no label)
- Pencils and erasers will be provided, but test takers can bring their own wooden pencils, erasers and sharpeners
Items that are not permitted in the testing rooms:
- Any electronic items: cell phones, iPods, etc.
- Food items or drinks (water excepted)
- Writing instruments such as pens
- Personal items such as coats, hats, purses, or wallets.
Illness on the Test Day
For sudden illness on your test day, please provide the following within five working days of the test day to qualify for a refund:
- a medical certificate and
- a completed refund form. (Please email email@example.com to receive this form)
The completed Refund Form and medical documents must be submitted in person at the Humber IELTS Test Centre (email or fax is not accepted).
Please note that we do not accept notes issued by family members, only notes signed by a certified medical doctor are acceptable.