Current Measures in Residence
The safety and well-being of our students and staff are always our top priority and we continue to follow guidelines provided by the province and other authorities. As a result, the following measures are currently in place:
- Guests are not permitted in residence,
- No group social gatherings are permitted,
- Common areas in residence are closed, including lounges, studies, community kitchens, the dining hall, and the fitness room,
- Cleaning is being conducted following our flu-season protocol, which includes increased frequency of high-touch areas and a hospital-grade disinfectant,
- Any contractor who is required to enter the campus is screened and must follow strict safety measures,
- Residents and staff are encouraged to maintain 2m distance from others, and where this is not possible, face coverings are required.
- For more information about what students need to know before coming to campus, please visit: https://humber.ca/campus-return/
As any additional measures are introduced, we will provide updates on this page.
What if a student living in residence is required to self-isolate or tests positive for COVID-19?
As always, Humber and the University of Guelph-Humber follows direction from Toronto Public Health on appropriate measures to take. Students required to self-isolate or quarantine would be encouraged to go home if possible. Where this is not possible, the residence would ensure that the student was placed in a suite for the duration of their self-isolation or quarantine. For access to food during this time, the resident would order groceries online and staff would deliver outside their door. Students who live in residence and need to self-isolate or have tested positive must call the front desk at 416-675-6622 ext. 77201 or email the residence office at email@example.com. Residence staff will provide further information and support.