- Current Measures in Residence
Updated September 2, 2022
Humber Residence continues to encourage residents wherever possible to limit their contact with others, stay up to date on vaccinations, wear a mask, and physically distance when interacting with others.
- All residents will be isolating in their rooms.
- Students who are able to isolate at home may choose to do so instead.
- In isolation, students will be required to wear a tight-fitting mask when leaving their room to use the washroom, whether this is the nearest washroom in your dorm floor or your suite washroom.
- If not feeling well, residents are expected to complete the Residence self-reporting form to determine next steps and help set up food delivery before leaving their room.
- If a student living in residence has reported COVID-like symptoms, staff will not enter that suite until the student has been cleared by the health authorities, unless there is an urgent need (ie. heat not working).
- Cleaning is being conducted following our flu-season protocol, which includes increased frequency of high-touch areas and a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- For more information about what students need to know before coming to campus, please visit: https://humber.ca/campus-return/
As measures change, we will provide updates on this page.
- Masks in Residence
Residence is a mask-friendly environment. Unless the public health situation in the province changes dramatically, indoor masking on campus will be a personal choice.
- Are You Feeling Sick?
STOP - DO NOT LEAVE YOUR RESIDENCE ROOM, DO THIS:
If you need further assistance after filling out the residence form, CALL:
North Residence: 416-675-6622 ext. 77201
Lakeshore Residence: 416-675-6622 ext. 73001
Instructions for how to stay isolating in residence are available here.
- Residence Isolation Requirements
Updated September 2, 2022
Residents who are symptomatic are required to isolate. You may choose to go home to isolate if possible, or you may stay in your own room while isolating. If you are isolating in residence, you must complete the Residence Isolation Reporting form so we can ensure food and any groceries you’ve ordered are delivered to your door. Instructions for how to stay isolating in residence are available here.
Once your isolation is complete, you must complete the Residence Isolation Reporting form again to indicate that you are now finished your isolation. You will continue to be required to wear a tight-fitting mask any time you are out of your bedroom or around other people for 10 days after your symptoms began.