- Current Measures in Residence
Updated August 3, 2021
- A reduced number of students are living in residence to ensure physical distancing measures can be taken,
- Residents living in single-style accommodations are assigned a specific toilet/sink/shower with three other people,
- Residents living in suite-style accommodations are assigned one student per suite, with the option of requesting a shared suite with another resident that they know and want to live with,
- Residents must complete the Humber Guardian self-assessment daily before leaving their room,
- If a student living in residence has reported COVID-like symptoms, staff will not enter that suite until the student has been cleared by the health authorities, unless there is an urgent need (ie. heat not working),
- Any student who travels internationally at any point must complete their mandatory quarantine period elsewhere prior to coming to residence.
Shared Spaces/Social Gatherings
- Guests are not permitted in residence,
- Indoor social gatherings are permitted for a maximum of 5 people.
- Common areas in residence are closed, including community kitchens, the dining hall, and the fitness room, with the exception of lounges that can be signed out on a individual basis.
- The cafeteria is open on a reduced schedule and for take-out meals only,
- Residents and staff are encouraged to maintain 2m (6ft) distance from others,
- Masks are to be worn within all areas of campus buildings, with the only exemptions for employees working in private offices and/or personal work space where 2m (6ft) of physical distancing can be maintained.
- Cleaning is being conducted following our flu-season protocol, which includes increased frequency of high-touch areas and a hospital-grade disinfectant,
- Any contractor who is required to enter the campus is screened and must follow strict safety measures,
- All staff working in residence complete the Humber Guardian COVID self-assessment screening prior to coming to work every day,
- When working inside student rooms, cleaning and maintenance staff wear disposable gloves,
- For more information about what students need to know before coming to campus, please visit: https://humber.ca/campus-return/
As any additional measures are introduced, we will provide updates on this page.
- Are You Feeling Sick?
STOP - DO NOT LEAVE YOUR RESIDENCE ROOM, DO THIS:
Go to: www.ontario.ca/page/covid-19-stop-spread If you have ANY of the symptoms mentioned on above webpage, you must call our front desk for next steps:
North Residence: 416-675-6622 ext. 77201
Lakeshore Residence: 416-675-6622 ext. 73001
Residence staff will provide further information and support to you at this point.
- Residence Isolation Requirements
Students living in residence MUST call the residence front desk and speak with a staff member if they:
- Are required to self-isolate as a result of contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19,
- Test positive for COVID-19, or,
- Display any of the symptoms listed here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/covid-19-stop-spread#section-0
As always, Humber and the University of Guelph-Humber follows direction from Toronto Public Health on appropriate measures to take. Students required to self-isolate or quarantine would be encouraged to go home if possible. Where this is not possible, the residence would ensure that the student was placed in a suite for the duration of their self-isolation or quarantine. For access to food during this time, the resident would order groceries online and staff would deliver outside their door.
For more information on being prepared in case you need to isolate, please visit www.humber.ca/residence/planahead