Can experiences from previous years be added?
No, the CCR does not allow activities to be added retroactively from previous academic years, so it is important to ensure you are always keeping your record up to date! Students are responsible for ensuring their experiences are added by the end of April each year.
Which experiences are CCR Certified?
Experiences must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for inclusion on the Co-Curricular Record:
- Must be co-curricular in nature, i.e. students will not receive any academic credit. This includes attendance grades, placements, co-ops, etc.
- Must provide valuable competency development; i.e. Provide exposure to at least one skill from the CCR Competencies Framework.
- Have an approved affiliation with Humber or Guelph-Humber per validator’s departmental /Academic School’s protocol.
- Can be accurately validated by a staff/faculty member.
- All activities must adhere to the Code of Student Conduct
Which students are eligible for CCR experiences?
All active credential-seeking students, both fulltime and part-time, at Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber are eligible to have their CCR experiences recognized on the record.
When should I add my experiences to my record?
Students will only have their experiences validated AFTER they complete the minimum requirements. Experiences added before this time may be declined for validation.
Do other Canadian institutions have Co-Curricular Records?
Yes. A greater number of post-secondary institutions in Canada are researching, developing and implementing their Co-Curricular Records. A few examples of institutions that have CCRs include: Wilfrid Laurier University, York University, Seneca College, Algonquin College, University of Guelph, University of Ottawa, and University of Toronto.
Who is my validator?
Your validator is most likely your supervisor or the staff member responsible for overseeing the experience. Each experience description will detail the validators contact information. Still not sure? Contact us with the name of the experience.
What is an authenticity code?
Every Co-Curricular Record is assigned a unique authenticity code. Any person who sees this record can verify the authenticity of the document by going to the webpage and inputting this code. To authenticate a record, click here: https://ccr.uofgh-humber.ca/authenticate-a-record.htm
Still have questions?
Contact us. We are here to help.