Information for Staff & Faculty
Humber’s CCR is a formal record of student skill development outside of the classroom. It’s an easy way to show you’ve got the school-smarts and real world know-how to make it anywhere.
Benefits of a CCR
Adding your experiences to the CCR can be beneficial to Humber College and University of Guelph-Humber students.
- Encourages and recognizes student engagement and involvement outside of the classroom.
- Serves as a search tool for student involvement opportunities at Humber College or the University of Guelph-Humber.
- Helps students articulate the learning that has occurred through the experiences they have had throughout their academic career.
- Acts as a record and database of co-curricular experiences for students that they can use and access during and after graduation.
CCR Assessment Program
Student Life Programs offers pre and post assessment of all CCR Certified experiences to help you understand exactly who is participating in your program, and the skills they are developing during their time on your team. We are able to provide customized feedback that details who is participating by academic school, program, academic performance and other demographics, and compare this information to the general Humber population.
To arrange for assessment of your experiences, please contact us prior to the experience start date.
CCR in the News
- The Coming Skills Revolution: Humans Wanted, How Canadian youth can thrive in the age of disruption (RBC)
- Flexible, versatile workers will be key for future job types: report (The Globe and Mail)
- For today’s grads, developing soft skills key to landing a job (The Globe and Mail)
- Canadian cooperative education entices Silicon Valley (Times Higher Education)
- Resilience, transferable skills and higher ed (HEQCO)
- Busting the barista myth – higher education IS linked to higher salaries (Ottawa Citizen)
- Group wants workplace stints for all postsecondary students (The Globe and Mail)
- Learn by doing: Why work-integrated learning works (iPolitics)
- Well-Prepared in Their Own Eyes (Inside Higher Ed)
- Creating a Competency-based Student Record (PCCAT)
- Globally Competent Graduates (The Globe and Mail)
Have Your Experiences CCR Certified Today
One key feature of the CCR is that it is built to evolve and grow over time. A request may be submitted via the CCR portal to have an experience added. Log in with your Banner credentials and select the "Add New Experiences" button to get CCR Certified.
How to Manage Student Requests as a Validator
Update your Existing CCR Experiences
If you have an existing CCR Experience you would like to update, please submit our Position Update Request Form.