Whether you rent a room in a house with other students or you have your own apartment there is a lot to think about.

Let's start by breaking down the types of accommodations you will typically find in the area by price.

  • Bedroom in Student House or Apartment - ($)
    Individual accommodation in an apartment or house shared by other students, usually a private bedroom with shared kitchen, bathroom and common area.

  • Bedroom in Landlord’s Accommodation - ($)
    A bedroom in a private home, usually fully furnished, shared kitchen some with a private bath.

  • Apartment in House - ($$)
    A self-contained unit within a house with private bathroom and kitchen.
    1-2 Bedroom or a Bachelor/Studio.

  • Apartment in a High or Low-rise Building - ($$)
    A self-contained unit within the building with a private bathroom and kitchen.
    1-2 Bedroom or a Bachelor/Studio

  • House - ($$$)
    A full house which may or may not include furnishings.

Next step is to understand what it means to Sign a Lease »

Tips on signing your first lease to live off campus from Humber students