Humber's Pathway to Net-Zero
Humber's Climate Action Plan sets a course for the college to be net-zero emissions by 2050.
The plan will address the college's Scope 1 and 2 emissions, which are greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) that the college, owns, has control over, or are from the generation of purchased energy. The innovative energy-efficient measures include:
- Retrofitting existing building envelopes and modifying controls.
- Optimizing existing building energy performance.
- Replacing natural gas heating equipment with decarbonized options when it reaches the end of its useful life.
- Converting existing steam distribution to low-temperature hot water and electrifying heating sources.
- Ensuring new builds, such as the Humber Cultural Hub, meet rigorous, best in the country, energy-efficient and zero-carbon standards.
In partnership with Colleges and Institutes of Canada (CICan), Humber is committed to leading by example, adopting sustainable practices and reducing the college's environmental footprint. Humber aims to accelerate practical solutions to reduce GHG emissions and enhance Canadian competitiveness by leveraging campus assets.
Read the CLIMATE ACTION PLAN.