There are a few ways to get involved with the Office of Sustainability:
- Join our mailing list to find out about our events and volunteer opportunities
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to keep up to date
- Attend our Events
- Email us directly to share your campus sustainability idea or project
Browse through the Sustainability Features Campus Map for more ideas on how you can be a part of sustainability on campus!
We are located in DX101 (portable trailer behind the D Building) at the North Campus. We are also at the Lakeshore Campus very regularly, but please contact us to set up a time to drop by!
Emailing us is the best way to get in touch initially! Or call: 416-675-6622 x4651
Wondering how to get involved with the Office of Sustainability? There are a few ways:
- Subscribe to our mailing list where we send information about our events, and put calls out for volunteers
- Contact us directly and ask a question
- Depending on the semester and the number of interested students, there may be a student sustainability club
- Contact IGNITE to find out if there is a club running this school year!
Sustainability at home
Whether you live on or off-campus, there are many ways you can make your footprint more sustainable. Please consider:
- Making sure your windows are closed during the winter
- Turning off your lights and computers when not in use
- Keeping showers to a reasonable length of time (hot water creates a significant environmental footprint!)
- Use public transit, cycle and carpool
- Use the recycling system provided
- Use the water fountains instead of buying bottled water. Most are equipped with bottle fillers so you can use your own reusable bottles
How to Access your CaGBC Benefits
Humber College is a national member of the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC). As a students of the college, you can access valuable CaGBC resources when your profile is connected to Humber's membership. Benefits include:
Engaging with green building professionals across Canada:
- Attend the CaGBC national conference and showcase, Building Lasting Change in June, during the WorldGBC Congress
- Join your local Chapter for free - Network and learn throughout the year at CaGBC Chapter events
- Become involved in your region, or nationally apply to volunteer on leadership boards and committees
Find the resources you need to continue contributing to Canada's climate change solution to meet GHG reduction targets:
- A Roadmap for Retrofit in Canada and other CaGBC research
- LEED resources
- Zero Carbon Building Standard Tools
- Additional certification products and tools through GBCI CA - coming soon
Enhance your skills and practice with CaGBC Professional Development courses:
To access these benefits, make sure your CaGBC profile is connected to Humber College's membership.
Connecting your CaGBC Profile to Humber College's Membership:
- Sign-in to www.cagbc.org and go to "My CaGBC -> My Profile"
- Click on the pencil icon next to your name to edit your information. To link your profile to Humber's membership, go to the "Primary Organization" field and select Humber College from the drop down menu
- Save your changes, you are now linked to Humber College's membership roster and can enjoy the benefits of national membership
- Are you a LEED professional? Select the "LEED Credential Information" tab to update your profile with your LEED designation. This will also allow CaGBC to submit your credentialing hours from the national conference on your behalf
- Make sure to review your "CaGBC Email consent" (in the "My CaGBC" menu) to ensure you have agreed to receive communications such as news, events, opportunities and rating system updates
Claiming your free chapter membership:
If your Member Type is "Member Individual" (or MI), please follow these instructions:
- Go to the Chapter page on www.cagbc.org and click Join Now
- Make sure you are signed-in to www.cagbc.org; the fields will be auto-populated with your information
- Select the Chapter of your choice
- Opt-in to receive Chapter communications (you can unsubscribe anytime)
- Click continue
- You are now in the shopping cart, and your total should be $0.00. Proceed to complete the transaction
You may land on a page that reads "There are no records. You are not due for renewal no fees applicable." This means your free Chapter membership was successfully activated. When you sign-in to your next online session, your profile will have Member Type: MI with Chapter memb. Should you receive an error message or if your Member Type reads "Chapter Member," please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-941-1184 x8079 for assistance.
Have a great idea or want to get more involved in the Office of Sustainability at Humber College?