Peer Tutoring is a free academic support available to all Humber and Guelph-Humber students. The program aims to assist student learners in reaching their academic goals by facilitating better understanding of course material.
- work one-on-one with students to identify and address content challenges in a particular course
- act as a supplement to your lectures but do not replace your lectures
- provide extra review and practice of course material
Appointments are booked in advance and are not available on a drop in basis.
Summer 2018 tutoring start date:
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Want to GET a Peer Tutor?
- You must be a Humber/Guelph-Humber student
- You must be registered in the course(s) for which you want to receive tutoring
To sign up:
- Watch the orientation video below and register AT THE END by moving your mouse over the video and clicking the info icon then click "Get a Tutor at Humber"
- You will be quizzed on the orientation video when you come to the office
*If you require this video in an alternative format, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to BECOME a Peer Tutor?
You can apply to be a tutor if you:
- are a full time Humber/Guelph-Humber student
- have completed at least the first semester of the program
- have achieved 80% or better in the course(s) you want to tutor, and maintain an overall average of at least 75%
- are willing to provide one-on-one assistance for students having difficulty with specific courses and help students practice and review previously taught material
- can be available to work 3-10 hours per week thoughout the semester
To apply, you will need:
- Two (2) references from Humber/Guelph-Humber staff or faculty
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Grades (print to a PDF from your MyHumber or WebAdvisor)
- Timetable (print to a PDF from your MyHumber or WebAdvisor)
- Work/Study approval (if applicable)
- Humber students apply online @ MyHumber
- Guelph-Humber students apply @ Career Centre, North: 1st floor, LRC
- International students do not need to apply for Work/Study
For more details about the requirements, roles and responsibilities, and remuneration, please view the following job descriptions.
- One-on-One Peer Tutor Job Description
- Learning Centre Peer Tutor Job Description
- In-Class Peer Tutor Job Description