Need some help making the grade?
Peer Tutors are students who have achieved 80% or better in their courses, and are ready and willing to help you do the same.
Peer Tutors are available for traditional classroom courses, Independent Study, and Distance Education courses. Tutoring traditionally takes place outside of scheduled classroom hours, but not off campus (always on campus.)
Peer Tutors act as a supplement to your lectures, providing extra review and practice for the course material that you have previously been taught.
Policies and Procedures
- Registration is free.
- You must be registered in the course(s) you receive tutoring in.
- You can receive a maximum of 3 hours of tutoring per week.
- You must attend a brief orientation session prior to receiving tutoring.
- Tutoring sessions will always take place on campus.
- It is important that you attend class first to determine which course you would like a tutor for 2018.
- Tutoring for Fall semester continues until Tuesday, January 23, 2018, depending on availability, for Humber students.
- For the Winter 2018, tutoring will begin on the following dates:
- For Guelph-Humber students - Monday, January 22, 2018
- For Humber students - Monday, February 12, 2018
You may register for tutoring prior to the start dates, however, you will not receive your tutor before the specified date.