Want to BECOME a Peer Tutor?
You can apply to be a tutor if you:
- Are a full time Humber/Guelph-Humber student.
- Have completed at least the first semester of the program.
- Have achieved 80% or better in the course(s) you want to tutor, and maintain an overall average of at least 75%.
- Are willing to provide one-on-one assistance for students having difficulty with specific courses and help students practice and review previously taught material.
- Can be available to work 3-10 hours per week throughout the semester.
To apply, you will need:
- Two (2) references from Humber/Guelph-Humber staff or faculty.
- Work/Study approval (if applicable)
- Humber students apply online on MyHumber.
- Guelph-Humber students will have to download and complete the paper application form by going to Humber’s Advising & Career Services UofGH Work Study Web Page - steps and processes are found on this site for UofGH students.
- International students do not need to apply for Work/Study.
Check out the job descriptions to review the job requirements and responsibilities:
- One-on-One Peer Tutor Job Description
- Learning Centre Peer Tutor Job Description
- In-Class Peer Tutor Job Description
APPLY NOW TO BECOME A TUTOR