Humber provides a stimulating environment for any event, meeting, conference or social gathering, offering a wide range of services, facilities and amenities.
If you’re interested in planning an event on campus, Facilities Management can help:
- Please contact Central Scheduling at email@example.com to book the room/space you need.
- Not a Humber student, faculty or staff member? To book space for a meeting/event, please contact Conference Services.
- Remember to block off enough time to allow for setup and tear down, if needed.
- Be aware of building and service hours so that you can make appropriate arrangements if your event is scheduled outside of these hours.
- Submit a service request to Capital Development & Facilities Management for assistance with your event setup a week prior to your scheduled event.
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Facilities Management provides support services to help ensure that your event is a success. Our services include:
- Event setup and teardown.
- Provision of furniture, such as tables, chairs and coat racks. Please note that we will not be able to provide all types and quantities of these items.
- Cleaning before and after an event.
- Moving services for larger events.
- Installation and removal of any special, temporary electrical services required for the event.
TO REQUEST SERVICES FOR MOST EVENTS:
Please submit a service request and ensure it is received by Facilities Management at least one week before the event.
Furniture: Facilities Management is able to provide a limited quantity and selection of tables, chairs, coat racks and podiums, depending on availability. If you require additional furniture, staging or risers, you are responsible for making all rental arrangements. Facilities Management can set up the rented furniture for an additional fee, depending on the event.
Teardown services will be provided on a schedule dependent basis.
Weekend events will be setup on Fridays unless otherwise requested.
There will be an additional cost for weekend services.
TO REQUEST SERVICES FOR LARGE EVENTS, SUCH AS THE PRESIDENT’S BREAKFAST, CONVOCATION OR THE SSAW LUNCH:
Please submit a service request to Facilities Management at least 90 days before the event to allow adequate time to coordinate all required services.
Extra power: If you need additional power for your event, you must give Facilities Management a detailed list of the quantity and specifications of all equipment (computers, AV equipment etc.) that you will be bringing in at least 45 days prior to the event.
Extra furniture: If you need additional tables, chairs or other furniture, you are responsible for making all rental arrangements. If the vendor does not provide a setup service, Facilities Management can set up the furniture for an additional fee, depending on the event.
Teardown services will also be provided, on a schedule dependent basis.
Weekend events will be setup on Fridays unless otherwise requested. There will be an additional cost for weekend services.