View current PASS schedule(s) by clicking the subject category below.
- BISM 100 - PC Business Essentials
- BACC 152 - Financial Accounting I
- BFIN 250 - Business Finance
- ANAT 150 & PHYS 160 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I
PASS (Peer Assisted Study Sessions) is modelled after the Supplemental Instruction program created at the University of Missouri, which is a free academic support program for high-risk courses rather than targeting high-risk students
- Non-remedial approach to learning for historically difficult courses which have been challenging for ALL students
- Utilizes peer-led group study approach to help students succeed
- Facilitated by a PASS Leader, who is a current student who had already successfully completed the course
Benefits of PASS:
- great way to connect with other students studying the same course
- guaranteed weekly study time, helps reinforce learning and retention of information
- maximize understanding of the subject, in a casual and relaxed environment
- learn and integrate study tools and successful exam techniques, specific to that course
Faculty interested in running PASS for a course can contact us here.