Welcome to the Learning Skills Workshops series!
Learning Skills Workshops (LSWs) are designed to support you during your academic and personal journey. You will learn practical tips and tricks on how to navigate post-secondary life and improve your work ethic and academic skillset.
- Workshops are 50 minutes long and are free for all Humber and Guelph-Humber students.
- LSWs are facilitated by Peer Learning Coaches (PLCs) who are upper year students. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to become a Peer Learning Coach.
- Every workshop you attend enters you into a monthly draw for a $25 gift card!
In Class Learning Skills Workshop
- Learning Skills Workshops can be facilitated in a classroom setting at the request of faculty.
- An adequate amount of time is required to coordinate the scheduling of in-class workshops.
- Please submit the following information at least four (4) weeks prior to the request date.
- Workshops run approximately fifty (50) minutes. The instructor must remain in the room during the workshop presentation.
- Faculty can request an in-class session here.
One on One Workshops
Did you know you can request any workshop as a one-on-one session? Our one-on-one workshops run virtually Monday to Sunday 8 am – 10 pm. Students can book a 1:1 appointment with a Peer Learning Coach by visiting Upswing at www.humber.upswing.io. Students can use the search bar to select the Learning Skills Workshop of their interest.
The Co-Curricular Record (CCR) is a record of skill development outside of the classroom. It's an easy way to show you've got the school-smarts and real world know-how to make it anywhere. Attend 5 LSWs to add your participation to your Co-Curricular Record.
Want to know more about CCR? Watch the video below!