Reporting Options For Students

Department of Public Safety (Security): 416-675-6622 ext. 8500, 24/7

Office of Student Conduct: 416-675-6622 ext. 4357

Human Resource Services: 416-675-6622 ext. 5001

What if you choose to report?

If you are the survivor of sexual assault and/or violence, you will be connected with one of Humber College’s Student Support and Intervention Coordinators (SSICs).

The SSICs support survivors through a case-management model, triaging to appropriate resources and referrals and providing general support and advocacy.

If you choose to report an instance of sexual assault and/or violence through Humber/UGH, it will go through the Code of Student Conduct process via the Office of Student Conduct. The SSIC can support you with meeting with the Office of Student Conduct staff to provide your formal statement and attend any follow-up meetings, if and as required. In the meantime, if you require support with accessing academic considerations or other supports, the SSIC will help coordinate that for you.

Filing Formal Police Report:

People who have experienced sexual assault and/or violence may also wish to pursue charges under the Criminal Code of Canada. If you wish to pursue charges, you can call the police at 911 or Toronto Police directly at 416-808-2222. You may make both a formal report at Humber/UGH as well as a formal police report.

There is no statute of limitations on reporting sexual violence.