Welcome to the Spirituality and Wellness Centre!
What is the Spirituality and Wellness Centre (SWC)?
Humber College offers a wide range of student programming on campus that support and offer services to students of all backgrounds and beliefs. Humber provides students a great opportunity to learn more about themselves and other diverse aspects of the community.
The Spirituality and Wellness Centre at Humber is a safe, respectful, and inclusive space where students can explore different cultures, religions and spiritualities.
It is a place where students can:
- Further their knowledge on how different beliefs shape people’s lives – Explore Spirituality & Wellness in many forms
- Become curious about themselves and the community around them – Ask questions and seek answers
- Be their authentic selves without being limited by ideologies or religious beliefs – It is inclusive for all students; religious or not!
- Take a mindful moment from their busy schedules and reflect on the needs of their inner being by participating in programs, initiatives, or individual activities including
- Open discussions, spiritual literacy, guest speakers, wellness coaches, wellness wheel, spiritual leaders, group reflection on spiritual/ religious topics, co-curricular learning opportunities, painting, origami, reflections, meditations, adult colouring.
The resources available include:
- A variety of seating options including mats, cushions, bean bags etc.
- Mats and prayer rugs for kneeling
- Soft ambient mood lighting for relaxation
- Relaxation and meditation audio
- Stress relieving activities