Student permission issues can happen in both Original and Ultra course experiences. If your course has student permission issues, it may present in the following ways:
- Some students complain to you that they can’t see content.
- If your course is an HTML-based course, it may mean that some students will not see the correct styling or images.
To add student permissions:
- In the Blackboard Dashboard (Ultra Base Navigation), select Tools > Content Collection.
- Select Course Content and wait until your course lists appears. The length of your wait can depend on how many courses are in your list.
- Locate and select your course CRN (i.e. 1234.202170).
- At the top of the page, at the end of your CRN (eg. Course Content: 1234.202170) select the down arrow chevron and select Permissions.
- On the permissions page, hover over Select Specific Users By Place and select Course.
- Select your course from the list.
- Under SELECT ROLES select Student and under SET PERMISSIONS, ensure that only Read is enabled. Under ADVANCED FOLDER OPTIONS, select “Overwrite”
- Scroll down and select Submit.
- Check to ensure the permissions appear.