With student preview, you can experience your course exactly as your students do. While in student preview mode, you can do the following student activities:
- Submit assignments
- Take tests
- Create discussion posts and journals
- View grades as a student
To enter Student Preview mode:
- In the top right corner, select the Student Preview icon.
- A pop-up will appear, select Start preview to proceed.
- A grey bar appears with the text “Welcome to Student Preview” at the top of the screen. It will remain visible the entire time you are in Student Preview mode.
- To return to your course as an instructor, navigate to the top right corner, and select More options for preview-options (3 dots) > Exit Preview.
- More options for preview-options contains 3 options:
- View Gradebook. After you’ve graded some of your preview user’s work, you can access the gradebook to view grades. When you select View Gradebook, the student preview closes. Select Student Preview to open it again and continue as your preview user.
- Reset Preview. You can reset your preview user’s course activity and start fresh. Most activity is removed, but some activity remains. Your preview user remains in the course.
- Exit Preview. You can return to the instructor view at any time.
NOTE: Your preview user and activity remain in the course. Your preview user is NOT removed from your course unless you remove the user from the roster.
Student Preview in the Ultra Course View – 1:35 min Blackboard Help video