Expense Reimbursement Policy
The purpose of this policy is to outline the entitlement and conditions under which business expenses will be reimbursed by The Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning (hereafter referred to as “Humber” or “the College”)
This policy applies to any person making an expense claim, including:
- Consultants and contractors engaged by the College, providing consulting or other services; and,
- Board members.
Expenditures: business expenditures in support of College business including but not limited to: conferences and workshops, hospitality and travel.
- All expenditures incurred in the course of the College's operations must be for or in support of legitimate College business purposes.
- Employees must apply and be approved prior to attending any conferences or workshops or hosting any hospitality event.
- Employees must provide original, itemized receipts for all expenditures.
- All expenditures require the signature of the employee initiating the purchase, service, disbursement, etc. and the appropriate Dean/Director/Manager, to whom signing authority is delegated.
- Signing authority can only be delegated by the President and the Vice-Presidents. The delegation of the authority must be documented and monitored by Financial Services and Planning. No business transaction may be affected without the appropriate approval of the designated signing authorities.