Skip to content

Legal and Risk Management provides support and service with respect to insurance coverage for the College. This includes requests for certificates of insurance for, but not limited to: students filming on location, placements, off-site events, leased properties and contracts as required.


hands pointing at a book

Certificate of Insurance

“I need a certificate of insurance, what should I do?”

Legal and Risk Management supports the intake of requests for certificates of insurance for, but not limited to:

  • student filming on location
  • student placements
  • Humber events off site
  • leased properties
  • contracts/agreements as required

To secure insurance, please complete the form and return to

man and woman sitting


“Do I have WSIB coverage when I am on placement?”

The College, through the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development provides coverage to Humber students in the event they experience a workplace related injury while participating in a College-approved student placement, internship, practicum or co-op.

If you are a student and have questions, please contact your Field Placement Coordinator.

If you are an employee/faculty member and have questions, please contact Hiren Patel, Senior Disability and Accommodations Specialist at or 416-675-6622 ext. 4237

group of people taking a photo in london

Travel Insurance

“I am travelling out of Ontario, who can help with travel insurance?”

Upon notification, Humber College provides out of province travel insurance for students and faculty travelling for College approved activities.

  1. Faculty seeking coverage should contact Cynthia Lessard, Executive Assistant, Office of the Senior Vice-President, Academic with their academic travel insurance questions at
  2. Students seeking coverage should contact Ashley Tinoco, International Mobility Coordinator with their travel insurance questions at
  3. Non-Academic staff and employees seeking coverage should contact their respective Vice-President’s Administrative Assistant with out of province travel insurance questions.
  4. Travel insurance is provided in accordance with our travel policy.