Counselling Services is excited to announce the return of the Healthy Minds for Stressful Times group for Fall 2020. This group will be conducted virtually. This group will provide students with:
- Tools and strategies to cope with stress, anxiety and feeling overwhelmed
- Emotional support
- Where: Zoom (link on the poster attached)
- When: Every Tuesday, 1:30 to 3 p.m., beginning October 6 until December 8
- For: Students who are feeling overwhelmed and/or experiencing stress and anxiety
- This is an open group – no pre-registration is required. As of now, there is no cap on numbers but subject to change if required
- Students can come for as few or as many sessions as they would like.
- The room will be locked at 1:45 p.m. sharp as we do not have time to review curriculum for late arrivers
- Students will be expected to keep their video on for the entire time in the group as interaction is a huge part of this group (involves break out groups and skill practice)
Please promote to your students:
- Post about Healthy Minds for Stressful Times on Blackboard (see attached poster)
- Make an announcement about Healthy Minds for Stressful Times at the beginning of class
*Students are not required to sign up in advance*
Contact: Rose Anthony at email@example.com.
Healthy Minds for Stressful Times works from an anti-oppression framework. We recognize that students face systemic oppression on the basis sexual and gender orientation, race, body size, class, disability, immigration status, country of origin, culture, age and religion. We are committed to creating an environment that celebrates diversity, and challenges all forms of oppression.