- Department of Public Safety at 416.675.6622 x4000 or dial 911
- Good2Talk: Free & confidential counselling for postsecondary students 1.866.925.5454 or text GOOD2TALKON to 686868
- Therapy Assistance Online (TAO): Self-directed support programs, sign up using your Humber or Guelph-Humber email
- KeepMeSafe: International student helpline and supports 1.844.451.9700 or visit online
- Indigenous People's Helpline: 1.855.242.3310 or via online chat
- LGBTQ+ Helpline: 1.800.268.9688, text 647.694.4275 or via online chat
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: 416.863.0511 or via online chat
- Support Services for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse: 1.866.887.0015
- Distress Centre: 416.408.4357 or text 45645
- Mental Health and Addictions Helpline: 1.866.531.2600
- Central Intake for Emergency Shelters: 416.338.4766
In Ontario, less than 5% of youth in extended society care (youth who are in or from the foster care system) graduate from college or university. The inability to cover tuition and living expenses are some of the reasons for this low success rate.
Humber currently has 55 students in extended society care. We are starting an initiative to support these students through a special bursary fund. By supporting extended society care students, you will show that our community stands behind them and wants them to succeed.
Every dollar counts, especially on Giving Tuesday where your donation will be matched!
Please donate now: humber.ca/HumberGives2022