Advancement and Alumni is pleased to announce that on November 26, 2018, members of the Humber community gathered to celebrate the outstanding achievements and contributions of seven alumni for the 2018 Premier's Awards. The Premier’s Awards celebrate the achievements of Ontario college graduates in the province and throughout the world, and last night we walked away with a big win for Humber in the Health Sciences category.
Allan Cole, a 1978 graduate from Humber’s Funeral Service Education (now known as Funeral Director), is President and Owner, MacKinnon & Bowes Ltd., Canada’s specialist in international repatriations of deceased persons. Cole was the first (and remains) Civilian Mortuary Affairs Director for the Department of National Defence and the RCMP, serving his country by overseeing the repatriation of fallen Canadian soldiers and heroes who lost their lives protecting Canadian freedom. Cole is fundamental in disaster preparedness efforts alongside government institutions, and in the face of the 1980’s AIDS epidemic, created a protocol for those who had died with this and other infectious diseases.
This marks the 13th win for Humber since the awards were established in 1992 to mark the 25th anniversary of the Ontario College system. Recipients of the award also receive a $5,000 scholarship in their name to support current students at the college.
Congratulations to Allan, and all our nominees!
- Allan Cole, President and Owner, MacKinnon & Bowes Ltd.
- Debra DiGiovanni, Stand Up Comedian
- Jamil Jivani, Activist and Author
- Keon Lee, Justice of the Peace, Ontario Court of Justice
- Darius Mosun, Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Soheil Mosun Limited
- Jason Parsons, Executive Chef and General Manager, Peller Estates Winery Restaurant
- Kelli Saunders, President and Chief Executive Officer, Morai Logistics Inc.
To learn more about our nominees, please click here.
For more information about the Premier's Awards, please contact Adelia Marchese at x5110 or email@example.com.