The Consent Peer Education Program presents Sex and Pleasure Educator Luna Matatas on Thursday, March 31 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Open to any student, staff, or faculty at Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber.
Hooking up can be super hot and super intimidating at the same time. What does consent look like in practice? How do you go from app to date in a way that feels safe and satisfying for both people? How do you tell someone what you like or don't like? How do you deal with rejection? Great sex is emotionally and physically safe and full of mutual pleasure. To give and receive pleasure, we have to practice active consent. This talk will cover topics like:
- How do we set expectations and boundaries for casual sex?
- From app to IRL - when does consent start?
- Owning your 'yes' and your 'no' - how do you discover what you like and how to describe it to others?
- Practicing verbal and non-verbal feedback
- Let go of performing and be a partner instead - Learn how to get pleasure from giving!
- Navigating shame and rejection to make space for more pleasure
This event is in partnership with Mohawk College's Sexual Violence Education and Prevention program.
Luna Matatas (she/her) is a Sex and Pleasure Educator with over 15 years of experience teaching sex and empowerment workshops. She celebrates body confidence, self-adoration and building shame-free pleasure in and out of the bedroom.