Our highly-trained teams of professionals draw on a wealth of experience and technical expertise to keep Humber’s facilities operating at peak efficiency.
We are responsible for:
- Maintaining safe, reliable and efficient operational systems and equipment.
- Sustaining comfortable building temperatures and high indoor air quality through effective monitoring and control of heating, air conditioning, and ventilation.
- Ensuring high water quality and maintaining the integrity and reliability of all hydro distribution systems.
- Providing lighting fixture repairs and replacements to ensure safety in all interior and exterior areas.
- Providing emergency generator maintenance.
- Maintaining fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Servicing malfunctioning lights switches and sensors, electrical outlets, and equipment like hand dryers, or master clocks.
- Providing service to kitchen, laboratory, washroom, and change room areas, including servicing sinks, fountains, urinals, toilets, showers, various drains, and water pipes.
- Tracking Humber’s peak energy use to help conserve energy and reduce costs.
- Striving to reduce equipment noise levels to ensure a pleasant learning environment.
The Plant Maintenance team also provides support to Capital Development, particularly during the designing and commissioning of new buildings.