Blackboard automatically creates a Grade Column in the Gradebook for every item that you designate as graded, or that is graded automatically (e.g. test, assignment, discussion, etc.).
However, you will need to manually create a Grade Column for assessment that aren’t graded automatically (e.g. labs, participation, etc.).
To manually create a Grade Column:
- Locate where you want to add an item by hovering your cursor on the lines in between your gradable items. Select the plus sign > Add Item. The new item panel will open.
- In the new item panel, select the pencil icon to type a title.
- To allow students to view the grade column, select the drop-down menu and select Visible to students.
- Select the calendar and clock icon to add a due date.
- Choose the grade unit, Points, Percentage, or Letter.
- Type in a number to specify the maximum points possible.
- Optionally, add a grade category and a description.
- After you’ve made all the desired changes, select Save.