The global navigation and footer that appears on Humber websites have undergone a significant refresh to a more streamlined design that promotes interactivity and usability. Our aim was to improve how users can access our existing content and resources.
Stakeholders from across the college were engaged over the past months to provide feedback on the new user experience and content structure.
We are excited that the redesign will be rolled out on Friday, September 17.
Some key features of the new global navigation include:
- A clean, responsive, future-focussed design tailored specifically to mobile, desktop and tablet devices. The mobile view has been optimized for one-handed usage in both design and positioning.
- A refined, list of menu choices linking to content-rich landing pages which provide additional context and guidance to students and staff.
- An audience selector which presents site visitors with a curated list of options most relevant to their typical use-cases. The audience selection is saved to the browser and persists as a visitor navigates across Humber sites and pages. The audience selection can be changed at any time as a user continues through different phases in their journey with Humber. Audience types include: Future Students, Current Students, International, Professionals, Employers, Alumni & Donors, Community, Faculty & Staff, and Media.
- A Quick links section containing frequently used links which are applicable to multiple audiences
- Integrated search functionality across programs and courses or site wide content
- A dedicated and prominent hot link to the Programs/Courses search page
- A brief land acknowledgment statement embedded in the footer with a link to more information
Thank you to all who consulted on this initiative and contributed to its development and deployment.