Appeals on Examinations
Candidates have the right to Appeal based on the following categories:
- The Examination Process (i.e. invalid time or location printed on Confirmation Receipt, Test Centre computer failure, damaged print examination, etc.)
- Examination Questions (.ie. concerns about the accuracy, clarity or applicability)
- Misconduct Violations (i.e. examination terminated due to aberrant behaviour, cheating, etc.)
Appeal Process and Requirements
- All Candidates requesting an Appeal must complete the Request for Appeal Form
- The Request for Appeal must be submitted within five (5) business days of when the misconduct occurred or the examination results were sent to the Candidate.
- Each Appeal must include details supporting the reason for the appeal. Please include examples or references to illustrate the concerns. Question numbers or specific code references are not required. An explanation of the concern surrounding a topic or area of the exam is acceptable.
- A narrow fail is not a just cause for an Appeal. An Appeal must identify an area of concern to be valid.
- Appeals related to the Examination Process will be reviewed by Humber College, and the Candidate will be advised of the decision within ten (10) business days. Should the Candidate wish to challenge that decision, the Candidate must request in writing, within five (5) business days of receiving Humber's decision, that the Ministry review the Appeal. A decision in writing by the Ministry will be communicated to the Candidates within ten (10) business days of receipt of request. All decisions by the Ministry are considered final.
- Appeals related to Examination Questions or Misconduct Violations will be forwarded to the Ministry for review. A decision in writing by the Ministry will be communicated to the Candidates within ten (10) business days of receipt of request. All decisions by the Ministry are considered final.
- Should the Candidate be granted the opportunity to retake the Examination at no charge, the Candidate must do so within one (1) month of the date of notification by the Ministry. If the Examination retake is not completed within the defined period, the Candidate will forfeit the opportunity to retake the Examination without charge.