Bringing People and Professionals Together
A program of the Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC), The Mentoring Partnership brings together recent skilled immigrants and established professionals in occupation-specific mentoring relationships. Humber College is a partner in this program and matches skilled immigrants to volunteer mentors in the same occupation.
About the TRIEC Mentoring Partnership
- Establish professional networks
- Identify skills required by market demands
- Build confidence
- Learn to identify and seize employment or job training opportunities
- Understand employer's expectations and the Canadian workplace culture
You will work with a mentor a total of 18 hours over three months.
Meetings can be in person, online, over the phone and can include referrals for information interviews.
- Have lived in Canada for fewer than 5 years and have no prior Canadian work experience in their field
- Have at least 2 years of work experience outside of Canada in their area of expertise
- Be unemployed or underemployed (someone who is not currently working in their field of expertise)