In Spring 2023, MS Teams will become Humber’s official video conferencing tool available for online sessions in your courses.
Blackboard Collaborate will be fully retired from Humber by the end of the Winter 2023 semester.
* Please note that Blackboard Learn will continue to be Humber’s primary LMS platform. This update is only about Blackboard Collaborate Tool.
MS Teams for Video Conferencing, Remote Classrooms and Engaging Conversations
MS Teams is a communication platform with robust, professional features suited to environments where sharing, collaboration and accessibility are a must.
Here are a few MS Teams highlights:
- modern user interface along with frequent updates and improvements
- already a known tool at Humber
- cross-platform availability (desktop/web/mobile/tablet)
- many accessibility features (for example: closed captioning, automated and live transcripts)
- advanced access control to class groups and meetings
- permanent conversations and polls (they don’t disappear after the end of the session)
- integrates with other EdTech and enterprise tools through apps
- whiteboard with advanced functionality and lots of templates
- recordings can be easily created and shared with students (no need to use links)
- authentic tool used by many employers (91% of Fortune 100 Companies Use Teams)
All content, assignments, assessments, and grades will continue to reside exclusively within Blackboard Learn.
If you would like to book custom training session for a team of users, please submit a request here.
Here are some useful resources to get you started:
- Downloadable guide for educators (PDF)
- Downloadable guide for students (PDF)
- MS Teams Quick Reference Guide (PDF, from ITS Team)
- Using Microsoft Teams – Instructor’s Guide (External Site)
- Get started in your class team (MS Office Link)
- Get organized in your class team (MS Office Link)
- Meetings, chats, and posts in class teams (MS Office Link)
10 Helpful Short Videos: (under 5 minutes each)
- MS Teams Move
- How to Create a Teams Meeting
- Recording and Sharing a Class Session
- How to Setup the Options for a Teams Meeting
- Attendee Management
- Using the Web Version of Microsoft Teams
- Joining a Meeting using the Web Version of Teams
- Presenting with Microsoft Teams
- Setting up Teams for Mac
- How to Setup an Office Hours Session in MS Teams