How to apply to residence if you are First Year University of Guelph-Humber Student or if you have never lived in residence at Humber.
Step 1 - Register
- You will need:
- A full time program offer from the University of Guelph-Humber, and
- Your University of Guelph-Humber student ID number, found in the email that acknowledges receipt of your application from the OUAC (example 0123456).
- University of Guelph-Humber students must first register on the residence portal. Please click here for the registration page. Once we confirm that you have received an offer from Guelph-Humber, you will receive a confirmation email from the Humber Residence Office within 5 business days.
Step 2 - Apply
- Follow the instructions in the confirmation email to log into the residence portal, then fill out and submit the application form.
- Your application status will continue to show as “not complete” at this point.
Step 3 – Monitor Your Email
- Once delivery formats are announced, students who meet the criteria for residence admission will receive a residence offer by email.
- If you receive an offer:
- The email will contain instructions on how to complete your application and pay your $500 deposit on WebAdvisor.
- The deposit is due with your first installment on July 18, 2021. If you are no longer interested in residence, please cancel your application by 5:00pm EST on July 18, 2021. When a deposit is paid for an offer made after July 18, 2021, the deposit becomes immediately non-refundable.
- Once you complete the steps provided, your application status will be updated to complete.
- Students who do not meet the eligibility requirement will notified of this after delivery formats are announced.
- If your cancellation is received after 5:00pm EST on July 18, 2021, you are still responsible for the $500 deposit on your WebAdvisor accounts, even though these accounts may not be activated for first year students until later. For more information on how to cancel your application please go to Cancelling Your Application.
Please note that your room numbers and location will not be given out until your assigned move in day.