To the Humber Community,
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly and, in an effort, to ensure social distancing and minimize the number of students and employees on campus, we are working to limit the number of people on campus.
Effective Tuesday, March 17, all Humber College campuses are closed until further notice.
Students and employees – except for identified essential services and staff – will not be able to access campus. This includes a closure of the third floor of the Learning Resource Commons, and the L Building at Lakeshore Campus.
Over the coming days, additional decisions will continue to be made, and we will share those with the Humber community as soon as possible.
As a reminder, there is no academic activity this week. Students will receive an update from their program by the end of the week about alternative academic delivery from Monday, March 23 until Friday, April 17.
Humber Residence remains open. If possible, we encourage students to go home for the week of March 16 to 20, as there will be limited services available on campus. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Humber ceased the delivery of on-site classes from Monday, March 16 to Sunday, March 22, with no classes held on campus during that period.
- Where possible, classes will be delivered remotely from Monday, March 23 to April 17. This could include a mix of delivery methods that includes online delivery. Students will be receiving direct communication regarding academic delivery from their program/Faculty in the coming days.
- **NEW** The last day to withdraw from the Winter semester Without Academic Penalty is now March 27 (was previously March 20).
- **NEW** The 2020 Summer semester will begin registration on Monday, March 30, 2020. The semester will commence on Tuesday, May 19, 2020, and conclude on Friday, August 14, 2020.
- **NEW** Students will receive direct communications regarding all Student Services and how they can access them in the weeks ahead. A full list will also be posted on humber.ca/updates.
If there are certain work tasks that you need to perform on site or need to collect some documents or files, you will need approval from your manager and your manager needs to contact Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the details of your brief visit to ensure you will be allowed entrance on campus. Please spend minimal time on campus for this purpose.
- **NEW** The on-person HRMS Resolution Centre will be shifting to an online ticketing solution. For all HR issues and issues related to pay, please contact our HR Support Centre as follows: Call 416.675.5001; chat at humber.ca/hrchat; submit an e-form at humber.ca/hrinquiry
- If you are an employee who would typically enter scheduled hours through HRMS to be paid, you must continue to do so by entering hours that reflect hours that you would have been regularly scheduled to work.
- No one will suffer a loss of pay for their regular earnings as a result of limiting on-site work during this time.
Humber Facilities and Programs
- Humber’s Child Development Centre is closed until further notice.
- March Break camps are cancelled.
- The gym/fitness centre will be closed until further notice.
- **New** All five Humber Community Employment Services Offices will be closed for in-person service. Updates regarding online services will be available here.
- For updates about the University of Guelph-Humber campus operations and plans, please visit guelphhumber.ca/Covid-19.
Resources and Contacts
We want to emphasize that Humber takes the health and well-being of our staff and students seriously, and we are continuing to monitor the situation closely. All the latest updates related to COVID-19 can be found at humber.ca/updates. Humber’s social media channels and MyHumber also point to this page.
These are unusual times, and we know the current situation may be causing stress and uncertainty. If students or employees need support or counselling, there are resources to help. Post-secondary students can access the Good2Talk Helpline at 1-866-925-5454. Therapy Assist Online provides online and mobile tools and is also available to students. Full-time employees may access the Employee Assistance Program.
If you have any questions, please contact: