The Centre for Teaching & Learning is proud to announce the Fall 2016 recipients of the Teaching Innovation Fund! The fund consists of a support package (including up to $1000 per investigator) to help faculty investigate the impact of teaching innovations in their classrooms.
- Brenda Ridley, Nazlin Hirji, & Yoehsor Hargoe, School of Health Sciences
"STEPPing-Up Critical Care -- Using Simulation to Save Lives"
- Paul Cross, School of Media Studies & Information Technology
"Use and engagement in class preparation materials posted in Blackboard"
- Adam Thomas & George Paravantes, School of Media Studies & Information Technology
"The Effect of Tangible Aids when Learning Code Fundamentals"
- Sarah Nasby & Janice Fung, School of Media Studies & Information Technology
"The impact of a Kinesthetic and Tactile Print Project"
- Marcin Kedzior, Craig Krane, (School of Applied Technology) & Cole Swanson (School of Media Studies & Information Technology)
"Co-Learning in Non-formal Learning Environments"
- Austin Tian, School of Applied Technology
"The effects of Whiteboard Animation Video Presentations in an Engineering Classroom"
- Dragos Paraschiv, Kerry Johnston, Rory McDowall, School of Applied Technology
"The effect of lighting quality on student academic performance'
- Blake Lambert, Liberal Arts & Sciences
"Twitter and Student Engagement"
- Al Seaman, The Business School
"Emergence of Professional Identity in Accounting Students"
- Anthony VanHoy, Liberal Arts & Sciences
"Effects of pedagogical application of Wolfram demonstrations in a mathematics course - Phase II"
- Alena Papayanis, Liberal Arts & Sciences
"The Impact of a Process-Based Assessment Structure on Student Achievement"
- Heather Snell, School of Social & Community Services
"Investigation of Learning Outcomes associated with CYC Field Work Practica"
Congratulations to all recipients, and best of luck with the research!
The next deadline for the Teaching Innovation Fund (for projects beginning in January, 2017) is Friday, September 30. For information about the fund, see here: bit.ly/CTLInnovationFund2016.
For questions about the fund, please contact Heidi Marsh, Director of Scholarship of Teaching & Learning at email@example.com.