We would like to remind employees that they must complete the COVID-19 Awareness Training for Humber Employees before they physically return to campus, or within the first two weeks of the start of their employment/contract, whichever comes first. The training covers the risks of COVID-19, methods of transmission, on campus safety measures, and more.
The mandatory employee training is available on Blackboard and the general instructions for accessing the training are below. If you do not have access to Blackboard, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements. The training should take approximately one hour to complete.
If you have questions about the training or if you have concerns about health and safety, please contact your manager. Managers may send their list of new employees to email@example.com to provide them with access to the training.
Employees who have taken the training previously do not have to retake the training; however, they still have access to the course if they wish to review the training.
Please note that the Return to Campus Agreement which was previously emailed to employees through the DocuSign process will no longer be sent to new employees; instead, the Agreement has been incorporated into the current version of the COVID-19 Awareness training.
If you have any questions about the training, please contact your manager or Occupational Health and Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HROE | Occupational Health and Safety
COVID-19 Awareness Training for Humber Employees
To access the training on Blackboard:
- Go to learn.humber.ca and log in with your Humber credentials (single sign-on).
- On the main page under the “My Courses” Column, click on the “Employee COVID-19 Awareness Training” link.
- Click on “Learning Materials” on the sidebar. If the sidebar is hidden, hover the cursor over the left side margin until the “Show Course Menu” arrow appears, and click on the arrow.
- Click on either the image or the ”COVID19 Awareness Training for Humber Employees” link above the image. If popups are blocked, click on the enable popups button or link within the popup blocked notification.
- All employees are required to take the training, whether you are coming onsite or working remotely.
- Employees must complete the training prior to returning to campus or within two weeks of starting their employment/contract, whichever comes first.
- The training takes approximately one hour to complete. We strongly recommend that it be completed in one sitting. Contract faculty will be paid by their faculty for their time to do the training.
- Recommended Browsers are the more current versions of:
- PCs - Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge (Chrome-based), Mozilla Firefox
- Macs – Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
- For technical issues, or if an employee does not have access to the course on Blackboard, please contact email@example.com with the employee’s name and user number.