Rules & Regulations
YOU COULD WIN $5,000 TOWARD YOUR TUITION
HUMBER COLLEGE “YOU COULD WIN $5,000 TOWARD YOUR TUITION” CONTEST RULES
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase required. This contest begins at 12:01 am (ET) Tuesday, September 8, 2020 (“Contest Starting Date”) and closes at 11:59 p.m. Friday, July 23, 2021 (“Contest Closing Date”). There are two ways to enter: (A) Complete the online entry form by visiting a Humber College Recruiting Advisor/ Representative at any Humber College recruitment event and submitting your name, email address, and daytime telephone number or (B) Enter online at humber.ca/win (the “Contest Website”), inserting your name, email address, daytime telephone number and clicking “Submit”. Limit of one (1) entry per person will be accepted regardless of the method of entry. All entries must be submitted no later than the Contest Closing Date. All entries become the property of Humber College (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned. Incomplete, illegible, late, altered, forged, defaced or garbled entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for entries lost, stolen, delayed, mutilated, or illegible. If an entrant is not of the age of majority at the time of entry, the entrant must have a parent or legal guardian's permission to enter the contest and, if a prize winner, may require his/her parent or legal guardian to act on his/her behalf in regard to completing the Release (see rule 5 below) and in accepting a prize. All references to entrants and winners are deemed to include references to the parent or legal guardian in the event the entrant or winner is under the age of majority.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter this contest, an individual must be a new, incoming, domestic student starting a full-time program at Humber College in September 2021. Contestant must be a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and not be an employee of Sponsor, or any member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled.
- PRIZES: There will be one prize, consisting of a $5,000 credit toward Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 tuition at Humber College. Prize will only be awarded to student enrolled in a full-time program at Humber College by Friday, July 23, 2021, who has paid any applicable deposits. If prize dollars exceed Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 tuition dollars, than the excess will be provided in the form of a gift card for the Humber College Bookstore. If winner of prize does not attend courses in Winter 2022, winner shall forfeit the portion of the prize that was to be applied to Winter 2022 tuition costs. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or a component of a prize for a prize or a component of a prize of equal or greater value.
- RANDOM DRAW: Random draw from all eligible entries received will be held on Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at approximately 3:00 pm in Toronto, Ontario. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. The selected entrant will be contacted by email and/or telephone within twelve (12) business days of the Draw Date. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within twelve (12) business days of the Draw Date, the selected entrant will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by email or telephone with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- SELECTED ENTRANT: In order to win, the selected entrant (and/or the selected entrant's parent or legal guardian, if the selected entrant is not of the age of majority) must: (1) comply with these official contest Rules (the "Rules"); (2), correctly answer, without mechanical or other assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question posed on the Declaration, Release & Discharge Form provided by Sponsor (the “Release”) and (3) sign the Release confirming compliance with the Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing Sponsor, its parents and affiliated corporations and advertising and promotional agents and their respective partners, directors, officers, employees and agents (as applicable) from any liability in connection with the prize or this contest. In the event that a selected entrant (and/or the selected entrant's parent or legal guardian, if the selected entrant is not of the age of majority) does not satisfy the requirements to win a prize, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected for that prize and the selection process described above will be repeated until the prize has been awarded or there are no more qualified entrants. Sponsor will contact the winner to discuss the awarding of the prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this contest, entrants (and in the case of entrants under the age of majority, entrants' parents and/or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. By accepting the prize, a winner (and in the case of a winner under the age of majority, a winner's parent and/or legal guardian) gives his/her permission and consent to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness and city of residence in any publicity carried out by or on behalf of Sponsor, in connection with the contest without compensation and without limitation. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of Sponsor are final. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages or claims arising from or caused by the contest or the prizes awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, withdraw or change the terms of this contest at any time, at their sole discretion, without notice and without liability.
- PRIVACY: Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by Sponsor to administer the Contest and, only if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide entrants with information regarding programs of interest. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Sponsor, please refer to the Notification of Disclosure of Personal Information available at humber.ca/notification-disclosure-personal-information
- NO LIABILITY: Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate or destroyed entries, and all such entries are void. Sponsor will not be liable for any failure of the Contest Website, do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are subject to verification by the Sponsor. Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents and representatives are not liable for (a) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, fraudulent or illegible entries (all of which entries shall be automatically void and not eligible for a prize); (b) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures, busy signals, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient, or (c) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest and breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers". Entry material/data not satisfying the entry requirements or that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified.
- AMENDING CONTEST: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, due to any reasons such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries. Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with or resulting from the Contest or a prize including but not limited, to any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of the entrant’s participation in the Contest.