Current Issues & Bugs:
The following are known issues with this feature in Blackboard Ultra. For workarounds and estimated fix timelines please refer to the Blackboard Ultra Issues and Workarounds Cheat Sheet.
- Group lists: Currently group lists can’t be downloaded.
- Group tools: Groups must be attached to an assignment to access a group Collaborate rooms and discussion area.
- Groups member visibility: For instructor-created groups, groups must be attached to an Assignment, Discussion, or Test to see group member names.
- Student experience of group assignments: One group member at a time can open an assignment.
To create a group assignment:
- Create an assignment (this resource will walk you through the steps).
- In the Assignment, select the Settings icon.
- Optionally, if you want to provide groups with some group communication tools, select Allow Class conversations. This feature provides groups with a Collaborate Ultra room and a discussion area where they can chat and share files.
- Under Additional Tools, select Assign to groups.
- To the right of Group Students, select the down arrow and choose if you want to create groups (Randomly assign, Custom, or Self-enrollment) or reuse an existing group.
- When you are finished, select Save.
Create Group Assignments in the Ultra Course View 2 min Blackboard Help video on YouTube