Writing Centre Tutoring Services
Whether you want to work on your thesis development, essay structure, research skills, or points of grammar, our Writing Tutors offer personalized instruction during one-on-one appointments.
At the Writing Centre, we can:
- Help you start and develop your writing assignments
- Explain how to document, structure and format your writing assignments
- Guide you in the production of academic, business, and technical documents
- Show you how to review marked assignments and use them as learning tools
- Develop your grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills
- Guide you in the use of APA, MLA, and other citation styles
- Build your confidence when facing deadlines and due dates
- Show you how to proofread assignments before you submit them. We cannot however proofread completed assignments to be submitted.
Students can book in-person or online Writing Tutoring appointments by visiting humber.upswing.io and using their Humber credentials to log into Upswing, our tutoring platform. Search for “General Writing Support” in the course search to see the profiles and availability of our Writing Tutors.