Road and utilities work at the intersection of Highway 27 and Finch Avenue West
September 26,2022-January 2023
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, crews will be doing road and utility installation work at the intersection of Finch Avenue West and Highway 27. To safely perform the work, the road configuration will be modified starting on September 26 and will remain in place for four (4) months, approximately.
Sidewalks and crosswalks may be closed periodically. Minor field modifications will occur when needed to complete work safely and minimize impact on the public.
There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic, as needed.
We will continue monitoring noise and vibration levels during these activities to identify the need for mitigative actions.
- Work will primarily occur Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Signs are installed to keep local residents informed about the closure.
- Dates are tentative and may change. Please visit us at www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt for up-to-date information.
- Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may delay work activities.
What to Expect
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration associated with this work.
- Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
- Expect delays near work zones.
Pedestrian, Traffic and Transit Details
- Road and sidewalk restrictions are in place within the construction area to protect workers and the public.
- Pedestrians will be re-routed around the construction area when possible. For safety reasons, pedestrians may be diverted to the sidewalk on the opposite side.
- In the event of any parking restrictions, advanced notice will be provided.
- A minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction along Finch Ave. W. will be maintained at all times.