An Executive Steering Committee from Humber and the University of Guelph undertook an operational review of the University of Guelph-Humber, conducted by Deloitte Consulting, in the Fall 2017 and Winter 2018. This was the first review done in the 20-year joint venture partnership.
The review identified a three-stage approach to address and implement recommendations:
Stage 1 (Immediate): Tactical and Operational
- Review and revise service agreements to reflect best practices
- To promote quality academic delivery
- Improving faculty allocation and equity
- Sharing best practices on student services and supports, including which should be shared resources
Stage 2: Strategic Planning
- Develop a strategic plan for U of GH
Stage 3 (Long Term): Structure
- Upon completion of strategic plan/direction determine appropriate governance and legal structure to enable long term success
As an immediate next step, the committee is moving forward with the establishment of U of GH Joint Academic Advisory and Service Agreements Committees. The Academic Advisory Committee will be co-chaired by Gina Antonacci, Associate Vice-President Academic and Cate Dewey, Interim Associate Vice-President (Academic). The Service Review Committee will be co- chaired by Ray Darling, University Registrar and Jason Hunter, Vice-President, Student and Community Engagement.
The full review and a summary presentation are available here.
Rani K. Dhaliwal
Sr. VP Planning and Corporate Services & CFO