Humber Athletics Fitness Centres Reopening: Pilot Program
Pilot for on-campus staff and students living in residence
During the coming weeks, Humber Athletics will gradually re-open the fitness centres at the North and Lakeshore Campuses to on-campus staff and students living in residence. This pilot program begins the week of September 14. At the conclusion of the initial reopening phase, Humber and Athletics staff will review and assess the results of the pilot and determine next steps regarding broader access and services.
Phase 1: Week of September 14
The fitness centres will be open only to students living in residence on campus as well as Humber staff who are working regularly on campus as part of their Faculty or department’s return to campus plan. These staff members must already have manager approval to be working onsite. Staff members who are regularly working remotely will not be permitted to use the fitness centres on an ad-hoc basis.
Fitness Centre Protocols
To gain access to the Fitness Centre individuals must follow these protocols:
- Residence students need to bring both their residence card and student card
- Staff must bring their staff ID card, and swipe in for contact tracing purposes
- Come dressed and ready for your workout. Minimize the items you bring with you and avoid the use of changerooms and/or lockers
- Masks or face coverings are mandatory when entering the fitness centre and when in common space. Masks may be removed when using the equipment
- When entering the Lakeshore Fitness Centre, staff and students must present their completed Guardian App prior to entry
- Towel service and showers are not available at either location
- Follow all COVID-19 policies and protocols in place with respect to patrons cleaning their own equipment, physical distancing, and directional signage and flow
- Fitness centres are limited to 30 guests at any one time
- Fitness centres will be closed from 2 p.m. – 3p.m. for cleaning and sterilization
Here is what to expect when arriving at our facility:
Video Coming Soon
Hours of Operation
Mondays to Fridays
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays (closed Tuesdays & Thursdays)
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
416-675-6622 ext. 3525
3246 Lake Shore Blvd. W.
Toronto, ON M8V1M1