Humber's web development team manages the humber.ca website and works with internal teams to produce web content accessible to the Humber community. A set of interim web guidelines, for Humber faculties and departments to follow, is provided here when proceeding with new website development undertaken by any internal resource, third-party, external vendor or student. The web team consults on long-term web strategies, redesign and redevelopment work to any existing website properties.
The resource document listed here provides a set of Interim Web Guidelines for Humber faculties and departments to follow when proceeding with new website development and significant redevelopment of existing websites.
The general aim is to fill process and knowledge gaps that exist in the current approach to website development, while longer-term strategies are being developed and finalized.
Following these guidelines will help to ensure the following key characteristics are inherent on all Humber-branded web properties:
- Quality of sites from both a design and functional perspective
- Consistency of design and branding across sites
- Security of sites and integrity of institutional content/user data
- Maintainability of site content, design, functionality and application of latest platform security patches
- Usability of sites across differing device types and assistive technologies in addition to AODA compliance
For your upcoming web project(s), please contact us to discuss your needs, compliance and function policies at Humber, etc.