SUSTAINABLE PRINT OPTIONS:
- Think before you print. Do you need that many or can the students/staff review information online?
Consider sustainability for your printed materials. When going out for printer quotes, ask for quotes that include sustainable options. There are over 300 categories, services and products that help consumers identify services/products which are less harmful to the environment. Some options to consider are:
- FSC-certified paper – always required
Paper stock and Post-Consumer Content (PCW)
- Choose 100% or as high a percent as possible
- Ecologo certified products
- Processed Chlorine Free
- Produced using BioGas energy
- Think about how you can make better choices on printing.
USE THE ENVIRONMENTAL SAVINGS CALCULATION GRAPHIC
Once your sustainable printing options are finalized, you can now use the environmental savings calculation graphic box in your artwork (before printing).
Ask your graphic designer and/or printer to download and complete the ‘environmental savings’ numbers based on your final print options. They are accustomed to this, so don’t be afraid to ask!