Administrative Distinguished Service Award
The Administrative Distinguished Service Award recognizes up to three (3) full-time administrative staff for their performance, loyalty and commitment to Humber/University of Guelph-Humber.
All administrators at Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning (Humber) or the University of Guelph-Humber, having at least two (2) years full-time service, are eligible for this award. Employees may be nominated more than once, but may not receive the award more than once in a three-year period.
Administrative staff nominated for this award will have demonstrated dedicated performance, loyalty and commitment to Humber/University of Guelph-Humber extending well beyond the normal requirements of their job.
- Dedication to job-related functions
- Exemplary relationship building both within and outside of their school, department or work unit
- Fosters a supportive and collegial team environment
- Exemplifies our core values (Courage, Innovation, Equity, Health & Well-Being and Sustainability) through their interaction with students, clients and colleagues
- Demonstrates innovative and proactive leadership
- Initiates, supports and is involved in activities which promote positive responses for Key Performance Indicators
- Contributes to projects or activities in support of Humber/University of Guelph-Humber as institutions focused upon student success
- Motivates and influences other employees in pursuit of the institution’s mission
Additional areas of work may include, but are not exclusive to the following:
- Professional activities
- Community activities
- Internal/external committee/volunteer participation
- Scholarly or applied research
Award recipients will receive the following:
- A plaque for distinguished service