Support Staff Distinguished Service Award
The Support Staff Distinguished Service Award recognizes up to five (5) full-time support staff for their professionalism, enthusiasm and dedicated work to Humber/University of Guelph-Humber.
All Support Staff at Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning (Humber) or the University of Guelph-Humber, having at least two (2) years full-time service, are eligible for this award. Employees may be nominated more than once, but may not receive the award more than once in a three-year period.
This award is designed to recognize the professionalism, enthusiasm and dedicated work of Support Staff, which has contributed to Humber or the University of Guelph-Humber’s mission and strategic directions.
The following criteria should be considered:
- Consistently demonstrates an innovative and enthusiastic approach to work
- Exemplifies our core values (Courage, Innovation, Equity, Health & Well-Being and Sustainability) through their interaction with students, clients and colleagues
- Actively seeks out opportunities gain new job skills and education
- Participates in projects or activities that enrich our student’s experience and academic success
- Provides peer to peer mentorship and support
- Contributes to a healthy work environment/wellness
Additional areas of work may include, but are not exclusive to the following:
- Professional activities
- Community activities
- Internal/external committee/volunteer participation
- Scholarly or applied research
Award recipients will receive the following:
- A plaque for distinguished service